-1½kg Chicken or goat meat( I used chicken)
- 1 large stock fish head
- Dried Fish
- 1 medium slice Yam
- 2 tablespoons Crayfish (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Ehuru
- ½ teaspoon Uziza seeds (ground)
- 1 tablespoon Dry pepper (ground)
- Utazi and Uziza leaves
- 2 Maggi cubes
- 1 litre Water
- Salt To taste
Method of preparation
- Season the goat meat or the chicken with onion, pepper and one maggi cube and steam till the juice dries up.Add the stock fish, water and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Peel the yam and cut into small pieces, then add to the boiling stock. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes.Remove the yam and pound to soft resilient dough and set aside.
- Add the dried fish, crayfish, pepper, Ehuru, ground uziza seeds, Ogiri and the remaining Maggi cube to the pot. Cut the yam dough into small balls and add to the soup to thicken the consistency.
- Add the Utazi and Uziza leaves and stir.Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve with pounded yam.