So many times what we eat determines how healthy we are. A lot of people are gradually eating themselves into the grave. But no matter what your situation is right now you can change your eating habits, get healthier, live longer and happier.
On Dietherapy today, we bring you tips on eating for a healthy life style
EATING FOR A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE
Good nutrition is essential for a healthy life style. The quality and the quantity of food we eat. It is important for individuasl to eat nutritious meals.
A diet with an approximate amount of the six classes of foods is very necessary. Carbohydrate, protein, fruits, vegetables and oils help to prevent diseases and give energy for complete daily activities. Therefore healthy eating needs to be part of a healthy life style in order for the individual to be effective.
GUIDELINES FOR EATING HEALTHY FOODS
1. 1. Eat foods that are high in fibre(roughages)
· 2. Eat whole fruits rather than just its juice.
· 3. Do not overcook vegetables.
· 4. Eat raw vegetables and fruits often.
· 5. Eat beans and other legumes often.
· 6. Use whole grain in cooking rather than peeled ones.
· 8. Eat tubers with skin. E.g potatoes.
2. 9. Eat varieties of food: no single food provide all the necessary nutrients in the amount needed. By eating different foods, the individual has best chance of obtaining the different nutrient needed.
3. 10.Eat less fatty foods such as little oil when cooking, 11.Avoid fried foods all the time and remove excess fat from meat before cooking.
4. 12. Eat plenty vegetables and fruits.
5. 13. Limit alcohol and do not smoke.
6. 14.Reduce too much sugar and sodium (salt) intake.
7. 15.Drink plenty water
8. 16. Avoid a stressful life.
Stay on this blog because we will be bringing you recipes for the preparations of various foods, local drinks.